We know that your riding and driving activities are as diverse as the color patterns on the horses we register. Through the Paint Alternative Competition Program, you can get recognition for accomplishments in the competitive events you enjoy.
List your PAC approved show on the PAC online calendar.
What is the Paint Alternative Competition (PAC) program?
Your community probably offers plenty of competitive events for horses and riders, such as 4-H shows, team penning events, roping events, horse trials, and other activities that fall outside the category of "APHA-approved classes."
Even though APHA is not officially associated with these events, the association does want to recognize your efforts on your American Paint Horse. As a result, your accomplishments can be recorded on your registered horse's official lifetime performance record through PAC.
A variety of competition
PAC is open to almost any type of activity as long as the competition is sponsored by an organization that keeps official records up to one year on the performance of all horses entered in the event. Keep in mind that for APHA to include the event in PAC, the recognized association, organization or affiliate must have a representative who agrees to keep records and will sign a verification form for the exhibitor. PAC events and breed point appointed events can be held in conjunction; however an exhibitor cannot earn points and credits in the same class. Credits from other breed or color registries that award national points will not count.
Easy to enroll and report
1. An APHA or AjPHA membership is required to enroll and exhibit the horse in PAC.
2. The horse owner must be an APHA member to receive any awards.
3. Annual enrollment of the horse is required and you do not have to own the horse.
4. Once we have your enrollment form in the office you may begin earning credits. You will receive your PAC card and an exhibitor's report form after your application is processed.
5. Once you are finished with your show, ask the show secretary to sign the exhibitor's report form verifying the class information, such as class name, number of entries in the class and how you placed.
6. Return the exhibitor's report form, along with a class schedule, to APHA within 30 days of the event. You have 90 days to make any corrections once the information is posted.
Two new PAC categories added for 2016:
Recreational Riding and Youth Recreational Riding
PAC credits will be awarded for all hours spent riding; however, the same hours cannot be accrued for recreational riding and any other PAC category at any one time.
Example: If credits are earned for competing and placing at a horse show in Trail, the same hours spent riding in that competition cannot be submitted for recreational riding credits.
For more information on PAC, email email@example.com, call (817) 222-6444 or FAX (817) 222-8489.